IIM Websites....for the MBA dream of India!

....Welcome to my blogspot for MBA aspirants in India.

I am an MBA from IRMA and my name is Aju John Varghese. I have worked in the past full-time with TIME & IMS and is now AVP & Karnataka Business Head with CL (I was GM & the head of College test prep of TIME South in the past).

As a rule, I try to write the CAT every year to keep in touch with the changes so that I can help my students effectively in preparation for the tests. I was associated with a Business Research firm called Analytiks based in ITES Infopark, Cochin as a Promoter Business Head and has been into core management education & has in the past taught for MBA with the ICFAI group & been an Assistant Professor at Rajagiri School of Management, Cochin.
For more info on me you can check out: http://ajuinjesus.in

I have created this page for all MBA aspirants & my students anywhere, who would like to get access to all the best online resources for getting equipped for a career in Management. I am convinced that there are enough sites that do the job well, but there is no good aggregator of links for the same. In this site, i have tried to collect & pass on to you some of the best links that would come of use to you- hence to act like a beacon or a lighthouse for the MBA aspirant!

My only request to you:
1)Remember those who helped you reach where you are
2)Help the poor of India become self-sufficient
3)Let me know more links if you come across some good ones which are not part of this list.

So enjoy, and have a good career & life.
Bye & God Bless.....Aju John...

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

FPM-14

Re: Fpm 2008 - 28-04-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelatwork View Post

Hi John,

May i know the reason why u decided not to attend IIML FPM interview.. If i am right, you had a Fin call there..

NoeL

..the time i applied for FPM first, i had the 1st pref as HR & 2nd pref as Finance- and i had calls for Finance & HR, wherever i had applied for Finance also (except IIMB-which did not give me a call)...

the first interview i attended was at IIMA; got to spend around 3 days with my 3 seniors from IRMA doing FPM there, met other ppl doing FPM there, talked & asked lot of queries, met other aspirants & talked to them- outcome: i decided that FPM is a committment & the area of FPM is a committment for life. I better do it only in my area of 1st choice - HR&OB; and not in any other area, just for the sake of getting into a particular institute! (that is, some want to get into IIMA whether they r the best in the area of their choice or not- and if they do not get the area of their choice & manage to get in at some other area- still they wud join- just b'cause it is IIMA)...

so i decided- i will only attend the HR & OB area interviews + will only try for the institutes where HR&OB area is a preferred area (i did not want to chase around for good faculty outside- just b'cause the best r not available at the institute where i am enrolled!)....+ i also tried to understand the method of teaching, faculty profiles, consulting, MDP's & research conducted in my area of pref at the various institutes- and also how much i wud fit in that particular place...

hence after the IIMA i'view...i decided to go only for XLRI too this year & that too only for HR & OB areas, based on my above analysis....


...for I am crucified with Him...
---------------------------------
My site: http://ajuinjesus.info
Aggregation of all links for CAT/MBA aspirants: http://cat-iim.blogspot.com
Connecting you with Global B-Schools- aspirant hunt . com

0 Comments: