IIM Websites....for the MBA dream of India!

....Welcome to my blogspot for MBA aspirants in India.

I am an MBA from IRMA and my name is Aju John Varghese. I have worked in the past full-time with TIME & IMS and is now AVP & Karnataka Business Head with CL (I was GM & the head of College test prep of TIME South in the past).

As a rule, I try to write the CAT every year to keep in touch with the changes so that I can help my students effectively in preparation for the tests. I was associated with a Business Research firm called Analytiks based in ITES Infopark, Cochin as a Promoter Business Head and has been into core management education & has in the past taught for MBA with the ICFAI group & been an Assistant Professor at Rajagiri School of Management, Cochin.
For more info on me you can check out: http://ajuinjesus.in

I have created this page for all MBA aspirants & my students anywhere, who would like to get access to all the best online resources for getting equipped for a career in Management. I am convinced that there are enough sites that do the job well, but there is no good aggregator of links for the same. In this site, i have tried to collect & pass on to you some of the best links that would come of use to you- hence to act like a beacon or a lighthouse for the MBA aspirant!

My only request to you:
1)Remember those who helped you reach where you are
2)Help the poor of India become self-sufficient
3)Let me know more links if you come across some good ones which are not part of this list.

So enjoy, and have a good career & life.
Bye & God Bless.....Aju John...

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

FPM-11

Re: Fpm 2008 - 19-04-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Aragon View Post
Hi Puys,


----------
I have pitched in all I could have apropos my profile and doubts, please
pour in your suggestions and experiences to elucidate on the grey area i am headed into...

Lord_Aragon....
 
@L_A,
expecting to hear abt ur i'view exp & RAT as promised, later in this thread!

Abt the things u asked, whether u shud opt for the option or not:
My opinion: you shud not take it up- if u r looking at the return in terms of money.


Reasons:
  • I am sure you would be making a lot more if u even stick with your present job, with additional exp 4 years down the line...
  • i saw that u scored 98.81 percentile in CAT (yaar, give these details + other calls/options u have when u r asking some opinion! - i had to hunt around for ur info before posting this! + what happened with ur Mah-CET results?) , with 99.94 perc in the Verbal section- my take is, u wud score real gud in GMAT, since ur verbal skills wud help u to score good in the verbal section of GMAT- believe me, i am speaking from exp!, and u wud do good in the maths section of GMAT-since it is easy- take the GMAT, apply to some good schools, with ur profile & acads & scores & testi, u will get into a top-notch B-School & start minting money from the 2nd year onwards...
  • another option wud be, with ur profile to look at IIMA PGPX, XL GMP or ISB MBA- 1 year options, all of which are getting huge offers & if u try them next year, i am sure u wud make thru 1 of those....
  • main reason: I am sad that lot of ppl are trying for FPM since they r looking for it as a backdoor entry to the IIMs, which is ridiculous, since PGP & FPM are 2 diff ball games. Talk to those who have done their FPM's & they will tell u why! There are others who have done the same & left the course in frustruation, i have already heard of very many cases already, and when i went to XL, i met 1 guy who had left his FPM at IIMA & joined for the 1 year GMP program at XL and passed out this year!

I mean to say the following to all FPM aspirants: The point is, Doctoral programs are diff, and if u r not looking for a career in teaching or research, after 1 year, u will find the going tough (if u dont believe me, check out: Piled Higher and Deeper- most of it is true!).
Does that mean, there is no money at the end of the pot? There is, - that wud then depend on how good international publications/research/consulting/training u have- but none of those who are doing FPM wud advice u to join the FPM program for the money. I wud go on to say that, only if one is an absolute fresher, who is sure that he/she will not make it to the IIM's no matter what/how many tries & is desp to get the tag, cud venture to join, since he/she is only 20/21 when they join & will pass out at 25/26- to a good career option, at a higher level- this wud be especially true in areas like finance, but not so much in some of the other areas!

1 point 1 shud speak for in favor of FPM at IIMB- i hear that it is the best place in the country for Inf. Sys. (plz verify the same!), so if that is the area u r looking for & FPM is ur choice, the only place u shud be looking for in India shud be IIMB, among the IIM's....

So @L_A, i have tried to answer u + some of the others who are looking for the FPM option also. But as usual, std disclaimers apply (this is my personal opinion & u shud shop around for more options before finalizing...!) :angel:

This guy: Anurag Jain - Doctoral Student at the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore, (IIMB) is an FPM from IIMB in IS and u cud ask around for more ppl like him....

Regards,
John....

0 Comments: