IIM Websites....for the MBA dream of India!

....Welcome to my blogspot for MBA aspirants in India.

I am an MBA from IRMA and my name is Aju John Varghese. I have worked in the past full-time with TIME & IMS and is now AVP & Karnataka Business Head with CL (I was GM & the head of College test prep of TIME South in the past).

As a rule, I try to write the CAT every year to keep in touch with the changes so that I can help my students effectively in preparation for the tests. I was associated with a Business Research firm called Analytiks based in ITES Infopark, Cochin as a Promoter Business Head and has been into core management education & has in the past taught for MBA with the ICFAI group & been an Assistant Professor at Rajagiri School of Management, Cochin.
For more info on me you can check out: http://ajuinjesus.in

I have created this page for all MBA aspirants & my students anywhere, who would like to get access to all the best online resources for getting equipped for a career in Management. I am convinced that there are enough sites that do the job well, but there is no good aggregator of links for the same. In this site, i have tried to collect & pass on to you some of the best links that would come of use to you- hence to act like a beacon or a lighthouse for the MBA aspirant!

My only request to you:
1)Remember those who helped you reach where you are
2)Help the poor of India become self-sufficient
3)Let me know more links if you come across some good ones which are not part of this list.

So enjoy, and have a good career & life.
Bye & God Bless.....Aju John...

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

FPM-10

Re: Fpm 2008 - 14-04-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappala View Post
So how did the interviews went in IIMB.

Post your experiences guys, These will be very useful for us in the lucknow as well.

Puys,
i guess u ppl might be playing it safe by not speaking on the i'view exp before the results are out.
Understandable, but do pen in the info after the results are out. If we got help and asked for help before we went in for i'views, it is basic courtesy to contribute back, and i am sure you will all do that, once you are cleared...just reminding...:wink:
But if possible, as pappala mentioned above, try to put in the basic details since IIML is also asking candidates for the RAT (they have not called it by the same name, but along with the i'view call letter, it is told that: ..."as the selection process involve a written test followed by PI, you have to come prepared to stay for 2 days...."

Anyways, my XL i'view is over, i will be posting it in the other XL related thread also. It would be good if some of the others also post their XL experiances.

Basic info: 49 ppl called for all areas (in full-time FPM)

Couple of things i liked about the XL ppl:
-The interview content was much more pertinent than the IIMA interview- specific to FPM & no irrelevant stuff asked...
-Only area specific ppl in the interview panel (that was not the case with my IIMA interview), so all could ask me pertinent questions & understand the specifics
-They readily re-funded the journey money to all candidates at the spot (i am yet to recieve any money from IIMA authorities- 1 month after the interview!)...
-Food was free 3 times a day + tea for all candidates (not so at IIMA)

the above points might not be so gr8, but just couple of things i noticed different...

Type of questions:
  • Offered me some eatables, said i already had them (in the common room for the interviewees, we already had tea & some snacks)
  • Introduce yourself
  • Why FPM?
  • Why HR? (that was the area i opted for)
  • Any specific area in HR you have identified for research?
  • About my work exp
  • Few basic questions on statistics from 1 of the panel members- answered that well... (asked to connect it with real life situations- did it to satisfaction)
  • Few advanced questions on statistics from another of the panel members- did not answer it that well, though answered to some extent...:-|
  • 1 very prominent member of the panel asked what areas in Maths i could handle questions from (so as to ask me some questions on the same), i told him the areas, but he did not ask me anything...

Incidently i was one of the very few candidates who was quizzed on stats!!! :confused:

So that is how it stands...will update u when final results are out. Now that all my i'views are over, me goin to chill it out till results are out... :satisfie: Best of luck to all aspirants for the rest of i'views & results...see yaa...!

John.

0 Comments: